The vertical grinding talent – INDEX V160
No matter what turning and grinding task you have to solve, the expansion level is your choice.
- External grinding units: directly driven motorized grinding spindle by INDEX for maximum rigidity and precision through large-sized precision antifriction bearings
- Internal grinding units: High-performance spindles running in anti-friction bearings with direct drive.
- Conventional as well as CBN tools can be used
- Dressing cycles, wheel contact detection and grinding wheel balancing are fully automated
- Automatic workpiece handling by pick-up with the motorized spindle
- In-process gauging
V160 grinding in focus
“Turn an INDEX turning machine into a grinder.”
Grinding components from the modular component system
The grinding technology is integrated into the existing machine base versions, without designing a new machine from scratch, by choosing from the existing INDEX modular system. Once again the high precision of the turning machine appreciated by many users turned out to be an advantage, since the system extension of the machine does not require any change to the basic structure. The result is a complete machining center showing all the features of modern process integration. Hard turning and grinding on a single machine. With this machine, the user does not have to make any compromise. The existing full turning functionality of the work spindles, tool carriers and turrets is maintained and completed with the equally unlimited grinding functionality of the modular grinding components.
Cost-effective manufacturing of high-precision threads
- Any type of threads and pitches freely programmable
- Ratio effect through prechasing and finish-grinding
- Even ball-screw drives and high-precision nuts can be ground easily
Grinding of various geometries and free shapes
- Finish-grinding of camshafts, polygons, Capto mountings, control cams, etc.
- Electronically coupled and precise
- Internal or external, cylindrical or conical
Grinding of grooves and surfaces in conjunction with the Y-axis
- Flat grinding of width across flats, grooves, serrations, etc.
- Machining of all six sides
- High-precision surface shapes and positions